Party On the Green Presented by Berkeley Eye Center
The Lake Houston Area Chamber’s premiere event, Party on the Green presented by Berkeley Eye Center will be held from 6:30 to 11 p.m. on Friday, May 31 at The Clubs of Kingwood with a Luau Theme!
As the Chamber’s largest fundraiser of the year, Party on the Green presented by Berkeley Eye Center is a popular annual gathering of Lake Houston Area professionals and the businesses they represent.
More than 400 patrons will attend this event and enjoy dinner, drinks, a cornhole tournament, auctions and more.
Houston City Council Member Dave Martin and Brad O’Dell with Merrill Taylor will be this year’s auctioneers during our live auction.
This year, the Chamber is bringing back the raffle with two new items: an Apple Watch and a Big Green Egg Cooker. The raffle takes the place of the silent auction. Tickets will be sold at $20 each or seven tickets for $100. The raffle will take place at the end of the night before the Edward Jones After Party kicks off. Patrons do not have to be present to win. A Bid Board auction will also take place, same as past years.
To purchase tickets click the link below:
Raffle Ticket Purchase Link
Prices range from $100 for an individual reservation with open seating and $1,000 for a reserved table for 8 with corporate signage.
To make a reservation, visit LakeHouston.org. To donate an auction item or sign up to volunteer for the event, contact Events Director, Stefani Kilgore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chamber at 281-446-2128.
CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT RULES
• 27' front edge to front edge of board
• Teammates stand directly opposite each other at opposing ends
• Each team gets 4 bags (same color) to throw per frame (round) in an underhand pitching motion
• Each team alternates throws until all bags are thrown to determine score
• Team which scored points lead off next frame
• Players throw from behind the front edge of the board to avoid a foot fault
• A foot fault or player throwing out of turn results in the thrown bag removed from the playing surface
• Bag on the board is 1 point
• Bag in the hole is 3 points
• Bags must land and stay on the board (without touching the ground) or go through the hole to score.
• Opposing points cancel each other out. \ For example: Red team has 3 bags on the board (3 points) and one bag in the hole (3 points) totaling 6 points. Black team has 3 bags on the board (3 points) and one bag off the board (0 points) totaling 3 points. Red team wins the frame with 3 points (6 points minus 3 points).
• Knocking an opponent's bag off the board is allowed.
• A bag that hits the ground before landing on the board surface does not count and is removed from the field of play before the next throw