Coordinating investor events and community events; providing educational opportunities; and connecting investors to one another.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
•Provides superior investor experience
•Organizes all aspects of assigned chamber events including creating and following timelines, budgetsand agendas:
oMonthly Membership Luncheons
oChamber Golf Classic
oParty on the Green
oLake Houston 10k/5k
oMember orientation – Chamber 101
oPast Chairman’s Breakfast
oElected Officials Reception
oNetworking After Hours
•Provides excellent sponsor relations by communicating prior to, during and after events and programs
•Fulfills our obligations to sponsors as outlined by our sponsorship contracts
•Works with Communication Director to create a Marketing Plan for signature events and programs
•Monthly Membership Luncheon: secures speaker and venue. Creates agenda. Works with venue onmenu, sound, head count, layout, check-in process
•Identifies areas to improve services and benefits for members
•Manages membership database
•Logs member communications
•Provides a written summary of each event
•Assists in managing the Total Resource Campaign
•Works with vendors
•Reaches budget and participation goals
•Facilitates member affinity programs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service –
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
• Responds promptly to customer needs
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Responds to requests for service and assistance
Team Work –
• Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views
• Gives and welcomes feedback
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit
• Puts success of team above own interests
• Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
• Recognizes accomplishments of other team members
Organizational Support –
• Follows policies and procedures
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
• Supports organization's goals and values
• Benefits organization through outside activities
• Supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction
• Takes responsibility for own actions
• Keeps commitments
• Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Volunteers readily
• Undertakes self-development activities
• Seeks increased responsibilities
• Asks for and offers help when needed
• Prioritizes and plans work activities
• Uses time efficiently
• Plans for additional resources
• Sets goals and objectives;
• Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
• Develops realistic action plans
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of two years event planning experience; bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.) Experience with ChamberMaster a plus/
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Humble, TX
Date Prepared: August 2019