Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Coordinator will manage design, production and execution of planned marketing programs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Enhance and grow the online presence of the Chamber and Economic Development Partnership. Drawing on input and assignments from colleagues and committees, provide routine updates to the Chamber and Economic Development websites and social media accounts.
- Use social media to communicate Chamber and EDP messages and increase organization visibility.
- Use graphic design skills to create brochures, flyers, calendars, signs, reports, newsletters, Web pages and other publications for the Chamber and Economic Development Partnership.
- Create and distribute Weekly E-Newsletter, E-Calendars and other E-communications with the membership.
- Create and execute all event marketing plans. Ensure all marketing deadlines are achieved.
- Gather, send and proof content for the Business Matters magazine published each January, April and October and annual community guide & directory.
- Ensure events are videotaped and photographed as assigned. Shoot and edit video and post to Web site(s). Send photo and announcement to media follow the events.
- Prepare and maintain PowerPoint presentations for Chamber events, presentations, and other purposes.
- Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Analyzes marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Collaborates with Economic Development Partnership, Chamber staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, and committee leaders.
- Assists with events as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in AP style writing. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: HTML Computer skills including proficiency in content management systems (CMS), WordPress, Web-based video software programs and demonstrative abilities in the technology and multi-media aspects of position. Adobe Creative Suite Applications: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook. Experience with ChamberMaster a plus.
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Humble, TX
Date Prepared: August 2019
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Cover Letter
- Two Writing Samples – published press releases preferred