Relief After Harvey: Existing and proposed legislation to help businesses post Harvey
- Did your business have to cease operations at any point in time after August 23rd due to Hurricane Harvey?
- Did you pay any employee(s) “any” wages after August 23rd where the employee did not perform any work (e.g. facilities were closed and employees couldn't work but you paid them wages anyway)
- Did you pay any employee(s) “any” wages after August 23rd as a result operations being closed due to Hurricane Harvey but the employee was able to work at a secondary location that was not impacted; or
- Did you pay any employee(s) “any” wages after August 23rd where the employee performed work at the impacted site before significant operations resumed?
The Hurricane Harvey seminar is focused on highlighting existing and tested federal hiring programs as well as currently proposed legislation that can help you offset the increased cost of finding new employees in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Depending on the size of your business and hiring profile, the credits can be worth a few thousand dollars to tens of thousand dollars annually.
We will also briefly discuss how you can support our efforts with our elected officials regarding pushing forward the proposed business incentives that are specific to Hurricane Harvey that go beyond just offsetting your hiring costs.
What you'll learn:
- How the existing program works
- Can my company benefit from the program?
- Example savings estimate
- How to take advantage of the program
- What's covered in the proposed relief package for businesses
- How can I support ongoing efforts to expedite our recovery
Brian Kelly, President, CMS (Cost Management Services)
Mark Mitchell, President, Lake Houston Area EDP