Feedback Requested for Regional Flood Planning
Lake Houston Community,
I wanted to share updates from the San Jacinto Regional Flood Planning Group (SJRFPG) and encourage you to participate by providing feedback to our group as we work to create a regional flood plan which will culminate in the first ever state flood plan for Texas. I am currently serving as a voting member of the SJRFPG representing the category of Small Business.
The SJRFPG has launched a website, https://sanjacintofloodplanning.org/ which includes information about upcoming meetings and ways to provide feedback on area flooding (more info below)
Lake Houston Area input is needed! Here are three ways to provide feedback to the (SJRFPG):
- Participate in the upcoming Virtual Public Meeting on August 31
- Use the “Put it on the Map” tool to pinpoint flood prone areas in our region
- Participate in the Public Survey to provide feedback on the SJRFPG priorities and make recommendations.
1. Virtual Public Meeting Aug. 31 (Download flyer/Public Meeting Notice)
The San Jacinto Regional Flood Planning Group will host a Virtual Public Meeting on Tuesday, August 31 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm to allow public comment regarding existing flood risk in our region. Register HERE to receive meeting access information and an online calendar invitation.
2. & 3. “Put it on the Map Tool” and “Public Survey” Both of these features can be found from the flood planning website listed above by selecting the “Click to Provide Input” button or you can access it directly: https://freese.mysocialpinpoint.com/san-jacinto-flood-plan
- “Put it on the Map” Tool – allows you to pinpoint flood prone areas and upload pictures and make comments.
- “Public Survey” – allows you to provide feedback on Regional Flood Planning Group priorities and make recommendations.
More about the San Jacinto Regional Flood Plan
In the wake of historic flooding in Texas, the 2019 Texas Legislature passed legislation to create Texas' first-ever regional and state flood planning process. The Region 6 San Jacinto Regional Flood Planning Group (RFPG) was established by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) on October 1, 2020. The RFPG is responsible for developing the first regional flood plan by January 2023, which will culminate in the first-ever state flood plan for Texas.
I encourage you to engage on behalf of our community.
Jenna Armstrong CEO & President
- August 24, 2021